According to the statistics, Telugu film industry is losing nearly 300 crore revenue every year due to the piracy menace. Most piracy sites are making nearly 93 lakhs per year, while the piracy is sending several producers packing from the industry.
In a major relief to these producers, the Telangana government has set up India’s first Intellectual Property Crime Unit to curb digital piracy and protect intellectual property. The initiative was taken by Telangana’s IT minister KTR, who was lauded by several Telugu film personalities.
The unit will work closely with the Cyber Crime cell of Special Police of Telangana, the Telangana Film Chamber of Commerce, representatives of the film industry and the State Information Technology Department.
- Telugu Review : Undha..Ledha..?
- Anjali, Raai Lakshmi team up for a bilingual
- Aditi Rao opens up about dating Bollywood star
- From one Superstar to the other, Rajini lauds Mohanlal
- Amid the DSPs row, Suresh Babu warns of a huge agitation in TFI