According to the statistics, Telugu film industry is losing nearly 300 crore revenue every year due to the piracy menace. Most piracy sites are making nearly 93 lakhs per year, while the piracy is sending several producers packing from the industry.
In a major relief to these producers, the Telangana government has set up India’s first Intellectual Property Crime Unit to curb digital piracy and protect intellectual property. The initiative was taken by Telangana’s IT minister KTR, who was lauded by several Telugu film personalities.
The unit will work closely with the Cyber Crime cell of Special Police of Telangana, the Telangana Film Chamber of Commerce, representatives of the film industry and the State Information Technology Department.
- Will Boyapati spring another surprise with JJN’s teaser 2
- Sizzling beauty adopts a baby girl
- Vishnu loves to have twin girls again
- Teaser of first Indian space film to be out soon
- ‘SIT’ wraps up Sham K Naidu’s interrogation
Articles that might interest you