The Telangana government honored the iconic art-house film, Komaram Bheem, in the ongoing 1st Telangana Formation Day celebrations. The film was screened in the Lalitha Kala Thoranam and State Art Gallery and movie buffs got a rare chance to revisit this landmark film in the history of Telangana Cinema.
Made almost 20 years ago, Komaram Bheem showcased the legends of tribal hero Komaram Bheem. The film was screened at the Asian International Film Festival and several other film festivals in the world.Komaram Bheem was also awarded the National Award for Best Film on National Integration, apart from the state government’s Nandi Award for Best Director for Allani Sridhar.
Unfortunately, Komaram Bheem could not make it to the theaters until recently, when it finally enjoyed a limited release. Bhupal Reddy and Mounika played the lead roles in the film.
- Legendary producer B Nagi Reddy honored with a postage stamp
- Na Nuvve gets a release date?
- Big surprise: Rajinikanth’s next with acclaimed filmmaker
- Film industry’s strike over digital service providers takes an ugly turn
- Vijay Deverakonda’s next locks its release date