It is all over. The entire Telugu Film Industry came together to bid an emotional and grand farewell to the grand old man of Telugu Cinema, Dr. Akkineni Nageswara Rao. The veteran actor was cremated at Annapurna Studios, with full State honours.
Almost every actor attended the last rites and a lot of people found it tough to control their emotions. ANR’s son, Akkineni Nagarjuna, cried inconsolably despite being comforted by friends and family members. Dr. Ramanaidu, Chiranjeevi, Venkatesh, Jr NTR, Kalyan Ram, T. Subbi Rami Reddy, K.Raghavendra Rao, Murali Mohan, Rajasekhar, Srikanth, Sridevi, Tabu and many other celebrities were present at Annapurna Studios.
Dr. ANR’s contribution to Telugu Cinema is immense and he was instrumental in bringing the Industry to Hyderabad.
- Fidaa’s updated collections
- Paisa Vasool gets its audio launch date
- Poll : Who among these is the best acting wise?
- Vikram to sing celeb stylist Neeraja Kona’s song
- Young heroine rues lack of support for Telugu actresses
Articles that might interest you