Over the last few years, Telugu films have been turning in impressive collections in overseas markets and this is now a major source of revenue for our filmmakers. Among heroes, Mahesh Babu and Pawan Kalyan have the strongest pull overseas while among directors, it is Rajamouli and Sreenu Vaitla followed by Trivikram and Sekhar Kammula.
Based on the latest figures being reported and after interaction with overseas business analysts, this is the list of Top 5 Telugu films from overseas collections perspective. The high exchange rate has helped recent films quite significantly, when compared to the exchange rate at the time of Magadheera and Dookudu release.
1. Dookudu (2011)
2. Gabbar Singh (2012)
3. Eega (2012)
4. Julayi (2012)
5. Magadheera (2009)
- Nepotism will ruin Tollywood: Senior actor’s sensational comments
- Sai Dharam Tej to unveil India’s first space film’s trailer
- Kannada-Telugu bilingual Rajaratham locks its release date
- Jai Simha’s worldwide 5-day collections
- Actresses Devayani’s father passes away