Over the last few years, Telugu films have been turning in impressive collections in overseas markets and this is now a major source of revenue for our filmmakers. Among heroes, Mahesh Babu and Pawan Kalyan have the strongest pull overseas while among directors, it is Rajamouli and Sreenu Vaitla followed by Trivikram and Sekhar Kammula.
Based on the latest figures being reported and after interaction with overseas business analysts, this is the list of Top 5 Telugu films from overseas collections perspective. The high exchange rate has helped recent films quite significantly, when compared to the exchange rate at the time of Magadheera and Dookudu release.
1. Dookudu (2011)
2. Gabbar Singh (2012)
3. Eega (2012)
4. Julayi (2012)
5. Magadheera (2009)
- Tamil star’s hit film set for a Telugu release
- Svelte beauty not proud of her fairness cream ads
- Charan’s name and role in RC11 revealed
- Rakul as Bramarambha to win the hearts of her fans
- Writers are my best friends in the industry: Keeravani
Articles that might interest you