Supreme Court’s ban on ancient bull taming sport of Jallikattu is inviting intense protests all-over Tamil Nadu. Angry Jallikattu enthusiasts are exerting pressure on celebrities to voice their support for Jallikattu.
In a shocking incident, a large group of Jallikattu protestors mobbed Trisha on location of her ongoing Tamil film, Garjanai, in Sivaganga district of Tamil Nadu. These protestors demanded Trisha to terminate her association with PETA and announce her support for Jallikattu.
The movie’s unit had to call in police to ensure Trisha’s safety before things went haywire. It is well-known that the Supreme Court, acting on a petition filed by PETA, had banned organizing Jallikattu events, terming the sport as a violation of animal rights.
- Tamil lyricist pens a Telugu song for Spyder
- Lakshmi Manchu returns to production with a thriller
- Prabhas dons the grease paint after months
- 3 million Twitter followers for Nagarjuna
- Balayya’s audacious show in Paisa Vasool’s trailer
Articles that might interest you