Satellite rights make up a significant amount of profits for a producer these days. Big star films sometimes command prices in excess of 10 crores and this has become a very important component of a film’s revenue stream.
But the satellite market has taken a big hit these days. Even successful films are finding it difficult to close satellite deals. A recently released romantic entertainer that was a big success is yet to complete its satellite deal. The deal was in balance because of an issue over the service tax.
With the advent of money controls in place across the economy, the situation may not become better anytime soon.
- Poll : Which among these films are you excited to watch this weekend?
- Chiru 151 gets an official title?
- NRNM’s first-week collections
- Positive word of mouth helps Anando Brahma
- Kamal Haasan Mocks AIADMK Merger
Articles that might interest you