Released in August 2007, the Tamil coming of age sports drama directed by popular director Venkat Prabhu, Chennai 600028, ended up collecting more than 10 crores as against its modest budget of just 1.5 crores. Now, Venkat Prabhu is busy shooting the film’s sequel and he is coming up with a unique experiment.
In a first-of-its-kind attempt in Indian cinema, five of Venkat Prabhu’s former Assistant Directors have been roped in to shoot the climax of Chennai 600028-II in collaboration with Venkat. Chennai 600028-II is all about friendship and Venkat got his ADs onboard as a friendly gesture.
The five directors are Venkatesh Ramakrishnan, Saravana Rajan, Sripathy, Chandru and Nagendran R. Chennai 600028-II stars Jai, Shiva, Premji Amaran others and it has music by Yuvan Shankar Raja.
- Suriya’s Singam franchise turns into an animation series
- Nithya Menen opens up about NTR biopic
- Tholi Prema and Awe’s latest US collections
- Massive set for Thala Ajith’s next
- Star comedian’s marriage date fixed