Legendary Oscar winning auteur Satyajit Ray has been honored by the United Nations Organizations. A portrait of the master filmmaker from Kolkata will be displayed at ‘The Transformative Power of Art’ art exhibition to be organized by the United Nations at its Headquarters in New York. Ray will be remembered with this special honor along with
15 other global thinkers for their contribution to the common good to humanity.
The exhibition will take place under the UN 2015: Time for Global Action campaign, which is destined to raise awareness about climate change and our fragile ecosystems. Some of the other luminaries whose portraits will be displayed at the exhibition apart from Ray are, Malala Yousafzai, Maya Angelou, Audrey Hepburn etc.
Satyajit Ray gained global recognition with his Apu Trilogy, and he was honored with the Academy Award for Lifetime Achievement in the year 1992.
- Mahesh’s heroine says she’ll remain single till her marriage
- Veteran director ready with a never seen before story on Telugu screen
- Mahesh announces Spyder’s teaser release date
- Young heroine has no regrets missing out on Pawan’s film
- Films maybe out of young beauty’s life, not kickboxing
Articles that might interest you