One of the most respected and renowned directors of Tollywood, Bapu passed away due to cardiac arrest in Chennai today. Originally named Sattiraju Lakshminararyana, he died at the age of 80 while undergoing treatment at a private hospital in Chennai.
In 2013, Bapu was awarded the Padma Shri, for his contribution to Indian art and cinema. Bapu has won two National Awards, five Andhra Pradesh state Nandi Awards and two Filmfare Best Director Awards. He gained international recognition through his art works like Bapu Bomma, The Navarasas, and the Indian Dances etc.
Some of his super hit award winning films include Mr Pellam, Sri Rama Rajyam, Ram Bantu and Pelli Pustakam. 123telugu is deeply saddened with this news, and conveys deep condolences to his family.
- I Learnt A Lot From Kalyanram : Kajal
- MLA is my most satisfying movie after Pataas: Kalyanram
- Young hero hikes his remuneration
- Star hero donates Rs.10 lakhs to retired cops trust
- Rana, Arya to steal the show in Rajaratham