Veteran director and politician Dasari Narayana Rao came down heavily on the selection process before adjudging the Padma awards. Speaking at the felicitation ceremony of senior artistes Kaikala Satyanarayana and Jamuna organized by Movie Artiste’s Association (MAA), the veteran filmmaker said that it’s a pity that stalwart actors like SVR, Savithri, Anjali Devi, Kaikala Satyanarayana and Jamuna never got a Padma award.
Dasari further said that governments these days are giving away the Padma awards to those who lobby heavily and without considering the merit of deserving artistes. Dasari went on to say that Padma awards have lost their credibility as they are being given to undeserving candidates.
- DJ will be Bunny’s highest grossing film: Harish Shankar
- Young Telugu hero eyeing Kollywood?
- MOM’s story moved me to tears : Sridevi
- Special Column : Big stars on Small Screen
- Solid amount expected from DJ’s first day
Articles that might interest you