Veteran director Dasari Narayana Rao came down heavily on the government for not showing any interest to resume the state government awards (formerly Nandi awards) over the past few years. Dasari made these comments during the Santosham South Indian Cine Awards which was held in Hyderabad last night.
It is well-known that Telugu movie artistes and technicians have been awaiting the state honors ever since the separate Telangana movement and following the state bifurcation and the formation of the two governments.
In the past, there were reports that the Telangana government will introduce the Palapitta awards in place of the erstwhile Nandi Awards, while AP government will resume the Nandi Awards, but there has been no further development on this.
- Sridevi’s daughter’s silver screen debut with a cameo
- Pre-interval fight to be highlight of DJ
- Interview : Harish Shankar – I have a script ready for Pawan Kalyan
- Sridevi says her dream came true
- Final schedule of stylish spy thriller in Serbia
Articles that might interest you