Tamil superstar Vijay’s Mersal is all set for a humongous release on October 18 as a Diwali treat. On this occasion, Vijay met with Tamil Nadu CM Edapadi Palanisamy today. The meeting lasted for an hour and there has been a lot of buzz around this high-profile meeting which happened just 2 days ahead of Mersal’s release.
However, Vijay’s sources say that the actor didn’t discuss anything about Mersal and that he only met the CM to thank him for reducing the newly imposed local entertainment tax from 10% to 8%. The sources further confirmed that Vijay and Palanisamy didn’t discuss anything related to politics. Tamil Nadu I & B Minister Kadambur Raju and Mersal’s director Atlee were also part of the meeting.
- Sai-Pooja Hegde’s Saakshyam seals its release date
- Mahesh lands in Vijayawada, To Promote BAN
- Mahesh to get his statue at Madame Tussauds’ Wax Museum
- Boyapati Srinu shoots crucial interval sequence on Charan
- Sumanth’s interesting role in his silver jubilee film