Vijay’s latest Tamil film Mersal has entered the Rs 100 crores club and the film has accomplished this incredible feat in just four days. Interestingly, Mersal is the fifth film in Vijay’s career to achieve this feat after Thuppaki, Kaththi, Theri, and Bhairavaa.
Directed by Atlee, Mersal was the 100th film to be produced by Thenandal Studios, and it released with a huge buzz on October 18. After that, the film has been in news for being the biggest ever release in Vijay’s career. Moreover, the references to GST in the film have been openly criticised byTamil Nadu BJP unit, which has further created humungous buzz about the film all over the country. Several political parties including DMK and Congress have come out in support of the film.
Meanwhile, the Telugu version, Adhirindhi, is expected to release soon and it’ll also be the biggest ever release for Vijay in the two Telugu speaking states. Samantha, Kajal and Nithya Menen played the lead roles alongside Vijay in the action entertainer.
- Nepotism will ruin Tollywood: Senior actor’s sensational comments
- Sai Dharam Tej to unveil India’s first space film’s trailer
- Kannada-Telugu bilingual Rajaratham locks its release date
- Jai Simha’s worldwide 5-day collections
- Actresses Devayani’s father passes away