There are strong rumours floating around that Kamal Haasan’s upcoming film Vishwaroopam has been postponed by at least two weeks due to an interim ban imposed by Government of Tamil Nadu. Yesterday, we had reported that several muslim groups had lodged a protest against the film alleging that the film will hurt their sentiments and also disturb the social harmony in the society. The film is based on the theme of terrorism and the muslim groups have raised objection over the portrayal of Muslims in the film.
A section of media in Chennai has already begun airing reports that the film has been postponed for the time being and it’ll take a miracle to get the film back on tracks if it has to hit the screens on January 25. Meanwhile, PVP Cinemas has reportedly stated that there is no ban on the film and it’ll hit the screens as per the schedule. We’ll have to wait and see how this latest controversy comes to an end. Kamal Haasan has written, produced and directed the film. Pooja Kumar, Andrea Jeremiah and Rahul Bose have played lead roles along with Kamal Haasan.
- I’ll be happy if I get a role in The Mahabharata: Prabhas
- Films or politics, always be with Babai: Charan tells fans
- Take away my National Award if you aren’t happy: Akshay Kumar
- Reputed channel bags Jai Lava Kusa’s satellite rights?
- Indians are lucky: Kamal on Dadasaheb for K Viswanath
Articles that might interest you