Perhaps, nothing is sweeter than the unique bond between a brother & sister. Telugu people have a special place in their hearts for ‘sister sentiment’ and this used to reflect in our movies earlier. Films like NTR’s ‘Rakthasambandham’, ANR’s ‘Bangaaru Gaajulu’ and Krishna’s ‘Puttinillu Mettinillu’ used to come out quite often and tasted massive success. Over the last few years, stories with this sentiment are not being seen very often in our industry.Notable exceptions are Pawan Kalyan’s ‘Annavaram’, Mahesh Babu’s ‘Arjun’ and Jr NTR’s ‘Rakhi’.
In this present day and age, stories that are purely sentimental may not work. More often than not, commercial elements, comedy and mass masala action are required for a film to work at the Box Office these days. Still, it would be good to see films which incorporate ‘sister sentiment’ once in a while to remind the younger generation about values which were once held very close to our hearts.
- Poll : What did you think of the recent Nandi Awards?
- Pawan’s London visit gets a tremendous response
- Khakee opens to some positive response all over
- Samantha hopeful of an exciting chapter as an actress
- Venky’s spiritual getaways in free time