Richa Gangopadhyay, who was supposed to play the lead role in Karthi’s upcoming Tamil film Biryani, was replaced with Hansika. Venkat Prabhu of Gambler fame is going to direct the film. A day after the news began doing rounds, the actress confirmed the development and also explained the reasons behind her opting out of the project. Apparently, her role and even the script was changed at a later stage and the actress wasn’t comfortable with the latest changes. She discussed about the issue with Venkat Prabhu and the two decided to part ways amicably. In the past, there were rumours that Richa had turned down several offers in Telugu because she wasn’t comfortable with the script and the importance of her role in those films. Looks like the actress is extremely choosy about the films she does. She was last seen in Mirapakay which released in January 2011. However, she has four films in pipeline including Mirchi, Sir Vacharu, Iddarammayilatho and Bhai.
- Chiranjeevi’s gesture to help ailing senior artistes wins hearts
- Tiger Nageswara Rao, a film on the notorious thief in the making
- Babai at his best! Ram Charan hails Power Star
- Vishnu all praises for Shriya
- Dil Raju reveals why he is out of Bharatheeyudu 2