The IPL season has officially started and it will grow bigger over the next two months. This is a time where film distributors and exhibitors live with great tension and apprehension. For the past few years, IPL has been impacting Telugu Film collections in a big way.
IPL’s effect has been so severe that many high profile projects prefer to stay away from a theatrical release during this time. For 2014, Telugu films might face double trouble. On one hand, the General Elections are in full swing and now this IPL season has started. The crucial 18 – 35 year demographic group is crucial for films and this is the same group that follows IPL in a big way.
Films like ‘Race Gurram’ and ‘Legend’ stand to lose a lot if IPL turns out to be a big hit this time also.
- Star heroine joins NBK102
- Rana, Tamannaah take part in India Day Parade in NY
- Increase in theaters help JJN
- Box Office : Report for the week ending 20-08-2017
- Popular comedian alleges death threats
Articles that might interest you