An Andhra Pradesh Policeman will be leading the prestigious Special Protection Group (NSG),the elite organization that looks after the security of the Prime Minister and his/her family. The SPG also protects former Prime Ministers and their families.
Mr. Durga Prasad is a 1981 batch IPS officer and he would be taking over from B.V.Wanchoo who would be retiring tomorrow. Mr. Durga Prasad would be empanelled to the rank of Additional Director General after formally accepting the posting.
It is indeed a moment of pride for all of us as this is the first time that a Telugu Police Officer has been selected to head the SPG. The SPG was set up in the 80’s to provide specialized security cover to the Prime Minister.
- అక్కడైతేనే.. శృంగారాన్ని ఎంజాయ్ చేస్తారట.. ఎందుకో తెలుసా..?
- Ad : 123telugu.com looking for Web Developers
- Ad : 123telugu.com is looking for Content Writers
- Happy Sankranthi dear Readers
- YSR Congress Sweeps By-Elections
Articles that might interest you