The State Government has roped in nine organisations as partners to impart training-cum-placement for youth under Rajiv Yuva Kiranalu as a part of Mission for Elimination of Poverty in Municipal Areas (MEPMA).
Talking to reporters after signing the MoU at the State Secretariat, Municipal Administration and Urban Development Minister M Maheedhar Reddy said that with the addition of nine new partners, the government would be able to achieve its target of recruiting 15 lakh youth. Of them, nearly 4 lakh youth will recruited by the end of 2014-15. The minister informed that as part of MEPMA, so far 2.56 lakh SHGs, 7,228 SLFs and 87 TLFs have been formed.
In addition to the existing 20 partners who include institutions like Dr Reddys Foundation, National Academy of Construction and Mahindra Satyam, nine more partners including SETWIN and Andhra Mahila Sabha have been included in the scheme. The scheme facilitates placement linked skill trainings to the urban youth in the sectors where there is potential for placement in the concerned urban areas.
The Minsiter said that so far, MEPMA trained 1.40 lakh youth and of them, 1.05 lakh have already been recruited. The target for the year 2011-12 is placement of one lakh. He reiterated that through different schemes the Andhra Pradesh government would be able to eradicate unemployment from the State. He asked the MEPMA partners to focus on encouraging youth to take up entrepreneurship projects, instead of taking up jobs.
Maheedhar Redy also advised the collectors of all districts to cooperate in the implementation of this unique scheme.
RYK vice-chairman Prof KC Reddy asked the universities to focus on imparting skill-based training to youth by introducing diploma course. He also requested the private firms to come up and train the youth as per their requirement. He said youth should be trained in emerging sectors like hospitality and child care.
Municipal Department secretary Dr Vijaya Kumar said that the government releases 75 per cent of funds to partners only after a candidate is placed and remaining 25 per cent is released three months after the replacement. Since there is system of advance payment, the partners train and place their candidate in order to get the funds from the government.
Several senior officials including Municipal Administration and Urban Development principal secretary B Sam Bob, Youth Welfare Commissioner Vasantha Misra and others were present on the occasion. (INN)
- అక్కడైతేనే.. శృంగారాన్ని ఎంజాయ్ చేస్తారట.. ఎందుకో తెలుసా..?
- Ad : 123telugu.com looking for Web Developers
- Ad : 123telugu.com is looking for Content Writers
- Happy Sankranthi dear Readers
- YSR Congress Sweeps By-Elections
Articles that might interest you