The CBI Special Court on Monday remanded V D Rajagopal, former director of Mines and Geology, who was arrested on Sunday in Obulapuram Mining Corporation illegal mining case, to CBI custody till Nov 21.
The counsel for Central Bureau of Investigation sought 13 days custody of Rajagopal for questioning. However, the court gave seven-day custody to the CBI for further interrogation. The court directed the CBI counsel to investigate Rajagopal in front of his lawyer from 10 am to 5 pm and record his statements.
Rajagopal was the third accused to be arrested in the case registered by the CBI against OMC in 2009. He was questioned several times by the CBI in the last two months regarding his role in granting leases and licenses to OMC and other mining companies in violation of rules. He was the director mines from 2005 to 2010. (INN)
- అక్కడైతేనే.. శృంగారాన్ని ఎంజాయ్ చేస్తారట.. ఎందుకో తెలుసా..?
- Ad : 123telugu.com looking for Web Developers
- Ad : 123telugu.com is looking for Content Writers
- Happy Sankranthi dear Readers
- YSR Congress Sweeps By-Elections