2017 has been an outstanding year for Telugu cinema so far. With films like Baahubali 2, Khaidi No 150, Arjun Reddy, Fidaa raking in huge moolah and acclaim, the industry is high on success and it has led to several positive changes in recent times.
In a recent interview when filmmaker Praveen Sattaru was asked what’s been the biggest change in recent times in Telugu film industry, he said, “With Baahubali 1&2, the market has opened up a lot and now, producers are ready to put in more money to make films. Another game changer for the industry has been the success of Arjun Reddy. That film made every writer and director to stop and have a look at their own work. It proved that when a director makes something with absolute conviction, the result will be good.”
Meanwhile, all eyes are on Praveen’s latest film PSV Garuda Vega, which is slated for release on November 3. Rajasekhar has played the lead role in this action thriller.
- Date set for Pawan Kalyan’s eye surgery
- Akhil’s heroine lands a prestigious project
- Venky-Varun’s F2 all set for a grand launch
- Will this buzz on Mahesh Babu’s film turn out to be true?
- Sammohanam brought me closer to Mahesh: Sudheer Babu