There’s no denying that RGV’s debut film Shiva is one of the most influential films of all time in Telugu cinema and it is one of the few trendsetting films which continues to be a cult favourite among the audience. As per the latest reports, RGV’s upcoming film Rowdy, starring Mohan Babu and Vishnu Manchu, has a connect with Shiva.
Apparently, RGV was keen on using the ‘Cycle Chase’ sequence from Shiva in his latest film ‘Rowdy’ and this soundtrack has been included in the film as a tribute to Ilayaraja. “I still can’t forget the goose bumps I got back in 1989 when Ilayaraja was scoring music for the cycle chase sequence in Shiva. I wanted to bring the attention to track number 17 in the album “Rowdy” . As a tribute to Ilayaraja, I asked Sai Kartik to do an integration of the brilliant cycle chase theme from Shiva into the main theme of “Rowdy” and it turned out to be brilliant,” RGV said.
Rowdy also stars Shanvi and Jayasudha in lead roles. The film was recently censored and it has been given an ‘A’ certificate. Rowdy will hit the screens on April 4.
Articles that might interest you:
- Sandeep Reddy Vanga back in Tollywood?
- Iconic Ramanaidu Studios to turn into a gated community?
- Manchu Manoj’s shocking role in Aham Brahmasmi?
- Action King joins Harbhajan Singh’s debut film
- Nithiin reveals the six most important people in his life
- I’ve seen Bheeshma and it’s very good: Trivikram