Shraddha Das has signed YVS Chowdary’s upcoming film Rey. The shooting of the film had started long ago with Sai Dharam Tej and Shubra Aiyappa in lead roles. Initially Amruta Patki was supposed to play one of the two lead roles opposite Sai Dharam Tej; however, she has been replaced by Shraddha Das.
A visibly excited Shraddha Das tweeted about this latest development saying that she’s going to play a popstar’s role in the film and it’s also a full fledged role after a long time in her career. A photoshoot is being shot on Shraddha for the film. The film is going to be majorly shot in US and already the film unit had completed some portions in US. Few weeks ago, Sai Dharam Tej injured himself while performing a stunt scene for the film in US due to which the shooting was called till he recovers. YVS Chowdary is directing and producing the film. It’s being touted as a romantic musical and the film is going to hit the screens in summer, 2012.
- RRR to be released in multiple languages
- Ram Charan, Kiara groove for a mass number in VVR
- Bollywood actress wraps up Shakeela biopic
- RX100 hero Kartikeya to romance two heroines in Hippi
- Rejected 50 scripts before signing Kavacham: Bellamkonda Sai