Shweta Basu Prasad is back in a new avatar. After acting in few Telugu films, she was missing in action for a long time; however, the actress has revealed that she was busy, with a special project which she had been working on, for the past three years.
She has made a documentary titled ‘Roots’ which focuses on Hindustani Classical music. “I wanted to make this documentary on Hindustani classical music and why it is losing its prominence. I’m a trained sitar player and I have great respect for both Hindustani classical and Carnatic music. Hopefully, the documentary will bring about a change in the youth,” she said.
The actress is planning to screen the documentary in several schools and colleges across the country, to raise awareness among the students.
Articles that might interest you:
- Kiara Advani in no mood to slow down
- Gopichand takes on Chiranjeevi’s Sye Raa
- Gully Boy is India’s official entry at Oscars
- Press Note : MegaStar’s SyeRaa North America Release by SNOWFLAKE CINEMA
- Release date of Sye Raa title track announced
- Poll: Which aspect of Gaddalakonda Ganesh impressed you the most?