The sudden passing away of legendary actress Sridevi (54) has left millions of her fans and the Indian film fraternity heartbroken. Especially, Tollywood, the industry which played a crucial role in transforming Sridevi into a superstar, is fondly remembering its favorite Athiloka Sundari.
Born to her Tamilian father Ayyappan and Telugu mother Rajeswari on 13 August 1963, in Sivakasi district of Tamil Nadu, Sridevi made her debut in Tollywood as a child artiste with the 1970 film Maa Nanna Nirdoshi.
Sridevi went on to act in several memorable classics like Badi Panthulu, Padaharella Vayasu, Sardar Papa Rayudu, Premabhishekam, Kshana Kshanam and Jagadeka Veerudu Athiloka Sundari etc and stole the hearts of her fans. Sridevi’s performance in Kshana Kshanam won her the prestigious Nandi and Filmfare awards for Best Actress.
Sridevi’s last Telugu movie was the Chiranjeevi-starrer SP Parasuram in 1994. In her 24-year-old career in the Telugu film industry, Sridevi had acted in 85 movies, her highest among other film industries.
Sridevi was honored with the country’s fourth highest civilian honor Padma Shri in 2013. Several Tollywood stars took to social media and bid a tearful adieu to the beautiful diva.
Articles that might interest you:
- Star Bollywood heroine in talks for NTR’s next?
- Full list of SIIMA 2021 Awards; Maharshi leads the show
- Prabhas puts a smile on the face of cancer patient
- Mani Ratnam’s Ponniyin Selvan wraps up shoot; Eyes summer release
- Official: Ram Charan is Disney+Hotstar’s brand ambassador; Here’s a crazy promo
- Mahesh Babu to feature on NTR’s EMK?