In a unique gesture of goodwill the Tamilnadu C M has given permission for the theatre owners in the state to screen five shows a day during the first week of Deepavali. Abirami Ramanthan, President — Chennai City Film Exhibitors’ Association confirmed the same and said that this is a Diwali gift that will make all theatre owners happy.
There are three major releases for the festival – Suriya’s 7aum Arivu, Vijay’s Velayudham and Shah Rukh Khan’s Ra.One. The 5-show bonanza will apply from October 26 to November 1 Abiram said that “Every year, we request permission to screen five shows during the Deepavali weekend.
But this year, we have been granted permission to have five shows from October 26 till November 1. In short, theatres in the city will be screening five shows for seven days instead of only during the five-day weekend.” The last 5-show period was during the Eid festival and it was hugely beneficial for Ajith’s Mankatha and Salman Khan’s Bodyguard, and both the movies recorded mammoth openings.
- Sundeep Kishan bags a key role in Raj-Dk’s next
- Star hero’s son donates debut film’s remuneration for Kerala flood relief
- Star director urges people to enroll to vote
- Kiara Advani joins RC12 team in Azerbaijan
- Natakam completes censor, All set for a grand release