The CBI special court on Thursday remanded senior IAS officer BP Acharya, the main accused in the APIIC-Emaar scam, to judicial remand till Februay 15.
The Special Court judge Justice Naga Maruthi Sarma gave these directions when the CBI officials produced Acharya before the court after the end of his two-day custody. On court’s directions, Acharya was shifted to the Chanchalguda Central Jail.
Acharya, the main accused in the scam, was discharged from the Nizam’s Institute of Medical Sciences on Wednesday night. He was admitted to NIMS after he complained of chest pain. However, Acharya’s counsel alleged that his client was forcibly discharged from the hospital to produce him in the court.
However, the NIMS doctors attending on Acharya stated that there was no cause of concern and he was doing well.
After hearing the arguments, Justice Sarma remanded Acharya to judicial remand while stating that the jail authorities would take care of Acharya’s health.
When the CBI counsel complained that both electronic and print media were targeting the probing agency in connection with cases, the Justice asked the investigation agency not to argue the case based on media reports.
The court also posted the hearing on bail petition of B P Acharya to February 3. (INN)
Articles that might interest you
- How Alia Bhatt lost out on Coolie No.1 remake due to RRR
- జగన్ పై ఉన్న అనుమానాలు.. మరో రెండు రోజుల్లో తొలగిపోతాయి..!
- విష ప్రచారమా..ట్విట్టర్లో పవన్ ఇచ్చిన ఘాటు రిప్లై చూడండి.!
- చంద్రబాబు & కో సీక్రెట్ మీటింగ్: లగడపాటి, అను”కుల” మీడియా హెడ్ తో సీక్రెట్ మీటింగా..?
- వైఎస్ జగన్ పై సంచలన వ్యాఖ్యలు చేసిన జేసీ బ్రదర్..!
- Saakshyam 10 days box office collections