Veteran freedom fighter and Telangana Freedom Fighters’ Forum chairman Konda Lakshman Bapuji on Tuesday launched week-long Satyagraha demanding statehood for Telangana region at the Jantar Mantar in the national capital.
Talking to media persons after sitting in for Satyagraha, the 97-year-old freedom fighter appealed to political parties not to politicize his Satyagraha. He said that he started his Satyagraha voluntarily and would not seek support from any party.
Bapuji also clarified that he would not join any party, but would extend his support for all who dedicatedly work for the statehood agitation. Appealing to Centre to honour the promise made by Union Home Minister P Chidambaram on December 9, 2009, he demanded that the government introduce Telangana Bill in the winter session of Parliament beginning from November 22.
Bapuji underlined the need for all political parties in the Telangana region to unitedly fight for statehood rather than resorting to vote bank politics.
Apart from Telangana Political Joint Action committee chairman Prof M Kodandaram, Telangana Praja Front chirman Gaddar and members of TDP Telangana Forum including convenor Errabelli Dayakar Rao and other freedom fighters have extended their solidarity to Bapuji’s Satyagraha.
Earlier, Bapuji visited Raj Ghat and paid tributes to Mahatma Gandhi. (INN)
Articles that might interest you:
- How Alia Bhatt lost out on Coolie No.1 remake due to RRR
- జగన్ పై ఉన్న అనుమానాలు.. మరో రెండు రోజుల్లో తొలగిపోతాయి..!
- విష ప్రచారమా..ట్విట్టర్లో పవన్ ఇచ్చిన ఘాటు రిప్లై చూడండి.!
- చంద్రబాబు & కో సీక్రెట్ మీటింగ్: లగడపాటి, అను”కుల” మీడియా హెడ్ తో సీక్రెట్ మీటింగా..?
- వైఎస్ జగన్ పై సంచలన వ్యాఖ్యలు చేసిన జేసీ బ్రదర్..!
- Saakshyam 10 days box office collections