Veteran freedom fighter from Telangana Konda Lakshman Bapuji on Thursday took out ‘Save Democracy Padayatra’ from the historic India Gate to the Parliament House demanding that the Centre introduce Telangana Bill in the winter session of Parliament.
Participating in the Padayatra, Bapuji said that the padayta was aimed to pressurise and persuade the Centre in favour of carving out Telangana. He said the Centre should honour the promise made by Union Home minister P Chidambaram on December 9, 2009. He claimed that the Centre was seriously considering the statehood issue after he began Satyagraha and Padayatra in the national capital.
Bapuji also submitted a memorandum to Lok Sabha Speaker Meira Kumar on the Telangana issue.
Meanwhile, the Telangana Congress leaders and TDP Telangana Forum members have extended their support and joined Bapuji’s padayatra. Congress MPs Ponnam Prabhakar, Manda Jagannatham, G Vivek, Rajaiah, Komatireddy Rajagopal Reddy, Rajya Sabha member K Kesava Rao, TDP Telangana Forum convenor Errabelli Dayakar Rao, Gundu Sudharani and former MLC Dilip participated in the padayatra.
Errabelli Dayakar Rao criticized Telangana Rashtra Samithi president K Chandrasekhar Rao for not extending support to Bapuji’s padayatra. (INN)
Articles that might interest you:
- చంద్రబాబుకు షాకిచ్చిన సీనియర్ నేత!
- How Alia Bhatt lost out on Coolie No.1 remake due to RRR
- జగన్ పై ఉన్న అనుమానాలు.. మరో రెండు రోజుల్లో తొలగిపోతాయి..!
- విష ప్రచారమా..ట్విట్టర్లో పవన్ ఇచ్చిన ఘాటు రిప్లై చూడండి.!
- చంద్రబాబు & కో సీక్రెట్ మీటింగ్: లగడపాటి, అను”కుల” మీడియా హెడ్ తో సీక్రెట్ మీటింగా..?
- వైఎస్ జగన్ పై సంచలన వ్యాఖ్యలు చేసిన జేసీ బ్రదర్..!