Government chief whip Gandra Venkata Ramana Reddy on Saturday justified Speaker Nadendla Manohar’s action in disqualifying 16 Congress MLAs who switched loyalties to YSR Congress party.
Talking to media persons, Gandra Venkata Ramana Reddy hailed the Speaker’s decision and said that the Congress party would appeal the Legislative Council Chairman to initiate action against the MLCs, who indulged in anti-party activities.
Responding to a question on by-elections, he expressed confidence that the Congress party would win in two Assembly constituencies, including Station Ghanpur, with thumping majority. In the remaining constituencies, he hoped that the party would get second position. He said that the party has taken a unanimous decision to conduct poll survey in the constituencies going for by-elections.
Gandra said that he has decided to field his wife Gandra Jyothi from Parakala assembly constituency in the by-elections, which was earlier represented by Konda Surekha before she disqualified. He hoped that the Congress high command would consider Jyothi’s candidature. (INN)
Articles that might interest you:
- చంద్రబాబుకు షాకిచ్చిన సీనియర్ నేత!
- How Alia Bhatt lost out on Coolie No.1 remake due to RRR
- జగన్ పై ఉన్న అనుమానాలు.. మరో రెండు రోజుల్లో తొలగిపోతాయి..!
- విష ప్రచారమా..ట్విట్టర్లో పవన్ ఇచ్చిన ఘాటు రిప్లై చూడండి.!
- చంద్రబాబు & కో సీక్రెట్ మీటింగ్: లగడపాటి, అను”కుల” మీడియా హెడ్ తో సీక్రెట్ మీటింగా..?
- వైఎస్ జగన్ పై సంచలన వ్యాఖ్యలు చేసిన జేసీ బ్రదర్..!