Congress leader and erstwhile Praja Rajyam Party president K Chiranjeevi on Tuesday stated that he was empowered to take disciplinary action against Allagadda MLA Shobha Nagireddy for violating the party whip during the No Confidence Motion.
Talking to media persons, Chiranjeevi said that he has appealed to Assembly Speaker Nadendla Manohar to disqualify Shobha Nagireddy under the Anti Defection Law for defying the whip and voting in favour of the No Trust Motion. “As a party president I have every right to take disciplinary action against the elected members for indulging in anti-party activities,” he said.
However, Chiranjeevi made it clear that he would abide to final decision of Speaker Nadendla Manohar.
Earlier, Shobha Nagireddy has stated that Chiranjeevi has no right to initiate disciplinary action against her as the PRP has merged into the Congress party and she has opted to remain independent.
Meanwhile, Chiranjeevi said that he was expecting three berths in the state cabinet during the expansion of Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy’s Cabinet. He also hoped the Congress party would give these berths to candidates from the three different regions of the State. (INN)
Articles that might interest you:
- How Alia Bhatt lost out on Coolie No.1 remake due to RRR
- జగన్ పై ఉన్న అనుమానాలు.. మరో రెండు రోజుల్లో తొలగిపోతాయి..!
- విష ప్రచారమా..ట్విట్టర్లో పవన్ ఇచ్చిన ఘాటు రిప్లై చూడండి.!
- చంద్రబాబు & కో సీక్రెట్ మీటింగ్: లగడపాటి, అను”కుల” మీడియా హెడ్ తో సీక్రెట్ మీటింగా..?
- వైఎస్ జగన్ పై సంచలన వ్యాఖ్యలు చేసిన జేసీ బ్రదర్..!
- Saakshyam 10 days box office collections