In a major decision, the High Court Chief Justice Madan B Lokur on Thursday transferredthe case of alleged illegal assets of Telugu Desam Party N Chandrababu Naidu to another bench. The case has been transferred from the bench which has ordered a preliminary probe into allegations against Naidu based on a petition filed by Pulivendula MLA YS Vijayamma.
The bench headed by Chief Justice Madan B Lokur and Justice P V Sanjay Kumar stated that the bench has taken this step for the speedy completion of trial. Chief Justice Lokur said that the bench would not hear the proceedings now onwards and suggested the counsel to continue their arguments with new bench. The case has been adjourned for further hearing to Friday.
Meanwhile, the court has also adjourned the hearing on a petition filed by the Reliance Industries Ltd seeking a direction to implead it as one of the parties in the petition by Vijayamma to Friday. The RIL’s counsel refuted Vijayalakshmi’s allegations that Naidu extended undue favour to the RIL in bagging KG Basin Exploration contract. The counsel said that the company has won the oil exploration block in the basin in a competitive bid as per the New Exploration and Licensing Policy, 1999. (INN)
Articles that might interest you:
- How Alia Bhatt lost out on Coolie No.1 remake due to RRR
- జగన్ పై ఉన్న అనుమానాలు.. మరో రెండు రోజుల్లో తొలగిపోతాయి..!
- విష ప్రచారమా..ట్విట్టర్లో పవన్ ఇచ్చిన ఘాటు రిప్లై చూడండి.!
- చంద్రబాబు & కో సీక్రెట్ మీటింగ్: లగడపాటి, అను”కుల” మీడియా హెడ్ తో సీక్రెట్ మీటింగా..?
- వైఎస్ జగన్ పై సంచలన వ్యాఖ్యలు చేసిన జేసీ బ్రదర్..!
- Saakshyam 10 days box office collections