The State Government on Friday renewed its appeal to the Centre to increase the prices of turmeric crop.
Replying to a question raised by TRS MLA Pocharama Srinivas Reddy and others during Question Hour, Agriculture Minister Kanna Lakshminarayana admitted in the State Legislative Assembly that farmers have been suffering due to lack of proper supportive price for turmeric crops. He said that the government was planning to purchase turmeric through MARKFED.
Intervening on the issue, Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy said that he has already written a letter to Union Agriculture Minister Sharad Pawar requesting him to increase the supportive price for turmeric crops. (INN)
- Saakshyam 10 days box office collections
- Ad : 123telugu.com looking for Web Developers
- Ad : 123telugu.com is looking for Content Writers
- Happy Sankranthi dear Readers
- YSR Congress Sweeps By-Elections