Congress MP Ananta Venkatarami Reddy on Thursday suspected the commitment of Telugu Desam Party president N Chandrababu Naidu over launching ‘Rythu Poru Bata’ programme aimed at highlighting the farmers’ problems.
Talking to media persons at Congress Legislature Party Office, the Anantapur MP alleged that Naidu failed to take steps for farmers’ welfare during his tenure as the Chief Minister for nine years. However, while in opposition, he is shedding crocodile tears on farmers’ woes, he said.
“What has he done for the farmers’ welfare? He did not even waived interests and rescheduled loans of hapless farmers,” he remarked. The MP alleged that Naidu launched Padayatra only to draw political mileage out of farmers’ problems.
Recalling that former chief minister N T Rama Rao paid Rs 1 lakh compensation to the families of farmers who committed suicide, he said that Naidu scrapped the scheme after he became the Chief Minister on the grounds that ex-gratia would drive more farmers to suicide.
Instead of increasing the morale of drought-affected farmers in Anantapur district, he said Naidu’s padayatra was further disturbing their pathetic condition. He alleged that Naidu is trying to cheat the farmers once again to become the Chief Minister of the state. (INN)
Articles that might interest you:
- చంద్రబాబుకు షాకిచ్చిన సీనియర్ నేత!
- How Alia Bhatt lost out on Coolie No.1 remake due to RRR
- జగన్ పై ఉన్న అనుమానాలు.. మరో రెండు రోజుల్లో తొలగిపోతాయి..!
- విష ప్రచారమా..ట్విట్టర్లో పవన్ ఇచ్చిన ఘాటు రిప్లై చూడండి.!
- చంద్రబాబు & కో సీక్రెట్ మీటింగ్: లగడపాటి, అను”కుల” మీడియా హెడ్ తో సీక్రెట్ మీటింగా..?
- వైఎస్ జగన్ పై సంచలన వ్యాఖ్యలు చేసిన జేసీ బ్రదర్..!