Communist Party of India state Secretary K Narayana on Thursday stated that the Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy was not in favour of convening all-party meeting on farmers’ problems in the state.
Talking to media persons after meeting the Chief Minister at his Camp Office, Narayana stated that the Kiran Kumar Reddy did not respond favourably to the suggestion of convening all-party meeting to discuss the woes of farmers in the State. He said that he had suggested the Chief Minister to declare drought-affected areas in the state which could benefit the farmers.
The CPI leader said the recommendations of Mohan Kanda Committee on farmers’ problems particularly in Konaseema in East Godavari region, who declared crop holiday in protest against government’s failure to declare remunerative price for their produce, would not serve any purpose except wasting precious time. He demanded that the state government implement the Swaminathan Commission’s recommendations if it was really committed for their welfare.
Demanding compensation of Rs 5 lakh to those farmers, who committed suicide unable to clear their debt, he appealed to government to make efforts for providing comprehensive crop insurance policy covering all crops. He also appealed to Chief Minister to set up a Rs 1000 crore corpus fund to help the farmers in the protecting their interests. (INN)
Articles that might interest you:
- How Alia Bhatt lost out on Coolie No.1 remake due to RRR
- జగన్ పై ఉన్న అనుమానాలు.. మరో రెండు రోజుల్లో తొలగిపోతాయి..!
- విష ప్రచారమా..ట్విట్టర్లో పవన్ ఇచ్చిన ఘాటు రిప్లై చూడండి.!
- చంద్రబాబు & కో సీక్రెట్ మీటింగ్: లగడపాటి, అను”కుల” మీడియా హెడ్ తో సీక్రెట్ మీటింగా..?
- వైఎస్ జగన్ పై సంచలన వ్యాఖ్యలు చేసిన జేసీ బ్రదర్..!
- Saakshyam 10 days box office collections