Lok Satta president Dr Jaya Prakash Narayan on Tuesday called upon all opposition parties to come on a common platform to press for effective and strong law to give more teeth to deal with the corruption in the State.
Talking to media persons at Assembly Media Point, Jayaprakash Narayana said that the rampant corruption in the State could be effectively dealt with by giving more powers to existing constitutional body Lokayukta and autonomy to Anti-Corruption Bureau. Apart from these measures, he said that the government should frame laws to recover property from those found guilty of corruption.
Admitting that the corruption has spread its tentacles to every nook and corner, he appealed to the opposition parties to mount pressure on the government to draft strong laws instead of politicizing the issue of 26 controversial GOs to get mileage. “The opposition party leaders should make collective efforts in this direction instead of wasting public money in the name of futile discussions and precious time of the House,” he pointed out.
Dr JP predicted that the State might witness political crisis if the government and the opposition parties did not relent and adopt confrontationist path on the issue. (INN)
Articles that might interest you:
- చంద్రబాబుకు షాకిచ్చిన సీనియర్ నేత!
- How Alia Bhatt lost out on Coolie No.1 remake due to RRR
- జగన్ పై ఉన్న అనుమానాలు.. మరో రెండు రోజుల్లో తొలగిపోతాయి..!
- విష ప్రచారమా..ట్విట్టర్లో పవన్ ఇచ్చిన ఘాటు రిప్లై చూడండి.!
- చంద్రబాబు & కో సీక్రెట్ మీటింగ్: లగడపాటి, అను”కుల” మీడియా హెడ్ తో సీక్రెట్ మీటింగా..?
- వైఎస్ జగన్ పై సంచలన వ్యాఖ్యలు చేసిన జేసీ బ్రదర్..!