Deputy Chief Minister Damodar Rajanarasimha on Sunday appealed the SC, ST representative organisation to call off the Chalo Assembly rally proposed to be held on Monday.
It may be mentioned that the representatives of Scheduled Casts and Scheduled Tribes Joint Struggle Committee have been staging on a dharna for the past four days demanding sub-plan for the SCs and STs and the formation of a nodal agency to monitor the spending of welfare funds.
Addressing a press conference at the State Secretariat, the Deputy CM said that Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy was considering enactment of a new law to ensure that the funds meant for the welfare of SCs and STs were not diverted. He said that the State Government was studying the model adopted by Karnataka and Maharashtra in this regard. Therefore, he requested the SC, ST organisations to call off the Chalo Assembly rally.
Rajanarasimha said that all MLAs and ministers belonging to SC and ST communities would meet on Monday and later submit a memorandum to the Chief Minister demanding creation of sub-plan and nodal agency. (INN)
Articles that might interest you:
- చంద్రబాబుకు షాకిచ్చిన సీనియర్ నేత!
- How Alia Bhatt lost out on Coolie No.1 remake due to RRR
- జగన్ పై ఉన్న అనుమానాలు.. మరో రెండు రోజుల్లో తొలగిపోతాయి..!
- విష ప్రచారమా..ట్విట్టర్లో పవన్ ఇచ్చిన ఘాటు రిప్లై చూడండి.!
- చంద్రబాబు & కో సీక్రెట్ మీటింగ్: లగడపాటి, అను”కుల” మీడియా హెడ్ తో సీక్రెట్ మీటింగా..?
- వైఎస్ జగన్ పై సంచలన వ్యాఖ్యలు చేసిన జేసీ బ్రదర్..!