The Election Commission on Monday issued notification for the biennial election of six Rajya Sabha seats from the State.
As per the notification, the last date for filing nominations will be March 19. The papers will be scrutinized on March 20 and March 22 will be the last date for the withdrawal of the papers.
The election will be held on March 30 between 9 am and 4 pm and the counting of votes, to be polled by the MLAs, will be taken up at 5 pm on the same day.
Among the members whose term will expire on April 2/3, necessitating the poll are former Union Minister Dasari Narayana Rao, Congress spokesmen Raashid Alvi, Indian National Trade Union Congress president G Sanjeeva Reddy, Telugu Desam Party Rajya Sabha floor leader M V Mysura Reddy, former Andhra Pradesh Congress Committee president K Keshava Rao and Aziz Pasha from the Communist party of India. (INN)
- వైఎస్ జగన్ పై సంచలన వ్యాఖ్యలు చేసిన జేసీ బ్రదర్..!
- Saakshyam 10 days box office collections
- Ad : 123telugu.com looking for Web Developers
- Ad : 123telugu.com is looking for Content Writers
- Happy Sankranthi dear Readers