The Election Commission on Wednesday issued notification for the by-elections in 7 Assembly constituencies in the state.
As per the notification, by-elections will be held in Mahbubnagar, Kolhapur, Nagarkurnool, Adilabad, Kamareddy, Station Ghanapur, Kamareddy and Kovvur Assembly segment in Nellore district on March 18.
The last date for filing nominations is February 29 and the last date for withdrawal of nominations is March 3.
The counting of votes will be done on March 21.
Besides Congress and Telugu Desam Party, the Telangana Rashtra Samithi will be a key contender for the by-elections. While the Congress and TDP would be contesting from all seats, the TRS is contesting for five Assembly segments and supporting the candidature of Nagam Janardhan Reddy in Nagarkurnool. The CPI(M) is contesting from two segments and YSR Congress party will contest from Kovur assembly segment.
The Bharatiya Janata party is yet to take a final decision on whether or not to contest the by-elections. However, the Communist party of India stated that it would not contest the by-elections. (INN)
Articles that might interest you:
- చంద్రబాబుకు షాకిచ్చిన సీనియర్ నేత!
- How Alia Bhatt lost out on Coolie No.1 remake due to RRR
- జగన్ పై ఉన్న అనుమానాలు.. మరో రెండు రోజుల్లో తొలగిపోతాయి..!
- విష ప్రచారమా..ట్విట్టర్లో పవన్ ఇచ్చిన ఘాటు రిప్లై చూడండి.!
- చంద్రబాబు & కో సీక్రెట్ మీటింగ్: లగడపాటి, అను”కుల” మీడియా హెడ్ తో సీక్రెట్ మీటింగా..?
- వైఎస్ జగన్ పై సంచలన వ్యాఖ్యలు చేసిన జేసీ బ్రదర్..!