The Enforcement Directorate (ED) on Thursday issued summons to YSR Congress president and Kadapa MP Y S Jagan Mohan Reddy in connection with a money laundering case.
The ED has asked Jagan Mohan Reddy to send an authorized person with a power of attorney to submit documents and answer questions on his behalf at its headquarters in New Delhi on or before November 28. The ED has registered a case under the provisions of Prevention of Money Laundering Act (PMLA) against him and is also probing alleged contravention of foreign exchange rules in his financial transactions and investments.
The ED action comes days after the Central Bureau of Investigation had searched various premises belonging to him. The CBI, which has also registered a case against Jagan, had called him recently for questioning in connection with the alleged multi-crore illegal iron ore mining scam. The agency is said to be probing alleged nexus between Jagan Mohan and former Karnataka minister Gali Janardhana Reddy who owns Obulapuram Mining Company.
The case was registered after ED conducted a probe to trail the funds pumped into the companies of Kadapa MP and his associates by the companies owned by Gali Janardhan Reddy. (INN)
Articles that might interest you:
- చంద్రబాబుకు షాకిచ్చిన సీనియర్ నేత!
- How Alia Bhatt lost out on Coolie No.1 remake due to RRR
- జగన్ పై ఉన్న అనుమానాలు.. మరో రెండు రోజుల్లో తొలగిపోతాయి..!
- విష ప్రచారమా..ట్విట్టర్లో పవన్ ఇచ్చిన ఘాటు రిప్లై చూడండి.!
- చంద్రబాబు & కో సీక్రెట్ మీటింగ్: లగడపాటి, అను”కుల” మీడియా హెడ్ తో సీక్రెట్ మీటింగా..?
- వైఎస్ జగన్ పై సంచలన వ్యాఖ్యలు చేసిన జేసీ బ్రదర్..!