The Special CBI Court on Tuesday granted ‘Special Prisoners’ status to former Karnataka minister Gali Janardhan Reddy and his brother-in-law B V Srinivas Reddy—who are presently lodged in the Chanchalguda Central Prison in the Obulapuram Mining Company illegal mining case.
Gali’s counsel Uma Maheswara Rao requested the court to give Janardhan Reddy and Srinivas Reddy the status of ‘special prisoners’ considering their social status. He also produced the documents showing the grounds on which disgraced Satyam Computers founder B Ramalinga Raju was granted a similar status. However, the CBI’s counsel objected while contending that the duo do not deserve such status.
After hearing the arguments from both sides, the Special CBI Court gave permission for allotment of special room for Gali Janardhan Reddy and Srinivas Reddy as per the AP Prison Act section 730. The court said they should be shifted to special independent A category rooms treating them as ‘special prisoners’.
Under the special category they will be eligible for bed, fan, mosquito nets, magazines and news papers. They will also become eligible for a special diet as well as non-vegetarian food.
Meanwhile, the special court also adjourned the hearing of both, their bail petitions and CBI custody, to November 18. (INN)
- How Alia Bhatt lost out on Coolie No.1 remake due to RRR
- జగన్ పై ఉన్న అనుమానాలు.. మరో రెండు రోజుల్లో తొలగిపోతాయి..!
- విష ప్రచారమా..ట్విట్టర్లో పవన్ ఇచ్చిన ఘాటు రిప్లై చూడండి.!
- చంద్రబాబు & కో సీక్రెట్ మీటింగ్: లగడపాటి, అను”కుల” మీడియా హెడ్ తో సీక్రెట్ మీటింగా..?
- వైఎస్ జగన్ పై సంచలన వ్యాఖ్యలు చేసిన జేసీ బ్రదర్..!
- Saakshyam 10 days box office collections