The State Government has withdrawn as many 657 cases booked against students during the Telangana agitation.
Making the announcement at the State Secretariat here on Wednesday, Home Minister P Sabitha Indra Reddy said that the decision would benefit nearly 8,000 students. She said another 133 cases, which are now sub-judice, would also be withdrawn by this month-end.
Talking to media persons after emerging out of meeting convened with Law Minister Erasu Prathap Reddy and Director General of Police V Dinesh Reddy at her chambers in the Secretariat, Sabitha Indra Reddy said that a GO withdrawing 657 cases would be issued on Wednesday. She said earlier the government had withdrawn 560 cases registered in connection with the violence during Telangana agitation.
Admitting that the decision was delayed due to legal complications, she said other cases too would be withdrawn on case-to-case basis based on the legal opinion.
The Home Minister asked the students not to worry about the cases and attend competitive exams as usual. She said the decision to withdraw the police cases was taken considering the career of students. (INN)
Articles that might interest you:
- చంద్రబాబుకు షాకిచ్చిన సీనియర్ నేత!
- How Alia Bhatt lost out on Coolie No.1 remake due to RRR
- జగన్ పై ఉన్న అనుమానాలు.. మరో రెండు రోజుల్లో తొలగిపోతాయి..!
- విష ప్రచారమా..ట్విట్టర్లో పవన్ ఇచ్చిన ఘాటు రిప్లై చూడండి.!
- చంద్రబాబు & కో సీక్రెట్ మీటింగ్: లగడపాటి, అను”కుల” మీడియా హెడ్ తో సీక్రెట్ మీటింగా..?
- వైఎస్ జగన్ పై సంచలన వ్యాఖ్యలు చేసిన జేసీ బ్రదర్..!