Home Minister Sabitha Indra Reddy on Saturday warned that the government would act sternly against those who were desecrating the statues of national leaders in the state and causing law and order problem.
Talking to media persons here, after having the darshan of Goddess Padmavathi Ammavaru at Tiruchanur, the Home Minister said that the government would not spare anybody, however high and mighty they were and take stern action against the guilty. She said that the police arrested three persons in this connection and that others would be traced soon.
Mrs Indira Reddy said the situation in Amalapuram had returned to normal and the additional police, deployed to maintain law and order, would be withdrawn in a phased manner.
She assured people that the government was taking all necessary steps to withdraw cases booked against students and activists who participated in the separate Telangana agitation. Cases would be lifted based on their nature and severity, she added.
Earlier, police arrested dalit activists at Leela Mahal Centre in the town, who obstructed her convoy demanding action against culprits responsible for desecration of Dr B R Ambedkar’s statues in Amalapuram. (INN)
Articles that might interest you
- How Alia Bhatt lost out on Coolie No.1 remake due to RRR
- జగన్ పై ఉన్న అనుమానాలు.. మరో రెండు రోజుల్లో తొలగిపోతాయి..!
- విష ప్రచారమా..ట్విట్టర్లో పవన్ ఇచ్చిన ఘాటు రిప్లై చూడండి.!
- చంద్రబాబు & కో సీక్రెట్ మీటింగ్: లగడపాటి, అను”కుల” మీడియా హెడ్ తో సీక్రెట్ మీటింగా..?
- వైఎస్ జగన్ పై సంచలన వ్యాఖ్యలు చేసిన జేసీ బ్రదర్..!
- Saakshyam 10 days box office collections