Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy on Saturday called upon women Self Help Groups to avail the interest-free loan scheme being introduced by the State Government for their economic empowerment from January 1, 2012.
Addressing the women from Medak and Nizamabad districts, who came to congratulate the Chief Minister at his Camp Office for starting the interest-free loans, Kiran Kumar Reddy said that the scheme would benefit 1.11 crore women SHG members. Under the scheme, he said the women would be given loans to the tune of Rs 5 lakh to start industries.
The Chief Minister said that Rs 10,000 crore would be given as loans for women SHG members under the scheme. While the loan should be repaid by groups, the government would bear the interest of 14 percent amounting to about Rs 1.98 lakh in the next years. He said that the scheme is being introduced on the directions of Congress president Sonia Gandhi.
Stating that the government would announce more such schemes for women’s welfare, he appealed the women to avail the benefits of such schemes to stand on their own feet. He asked the officials to take steps to ensure that the scheme benefits are delivered at the doorsteps of women.
Ministers Sunitha Lakshma Reddy, D K Aruna, M Mahidhar reddy, Ponnala Laxmaiah and others were present in the programme. (INN)
Articles that might interest you:
- How Alia Bhatt lost out on Coolie No.1 remake due to RRR
- జగన్ పై ఉన్న అనుమానాలు.. మరో రెండు రోజుల్లో తొలగిపోతాయి..!
- విష ప్రచారమా..ట్విట్టర్లో పవన్ ఇచ్చిన ఘాటు రిప్లై చూడండి.!
- చంద్రబాబు & కో సీక్రెట్ మీటింగ్: లగడపాటి, అను”కుల” మీడియా హెడ్ తో సీక్రెట్ మీటింగా..?
- వైఎస్ జగన్ పై సంచలన వ్యాఖ్యలు చేసిన జేసీ బ్రదర్..!
- Saakshyam 10 days box office collections