The High Court on Thursday directed the CBI to file a counter on Jagathi Publications Vice-president Vijay Sai Reddy’s petition alleging that the investigating agency was crossing its limits during the investigation intYS Jaganmohan Reddy’s illegal assets case.
Hearing the petition of Vijay Sai Reddy counsel, the court directed the CBI to give explanation on the charge and posted the next hearing on January 19.
In his petition Vijay Sai Reddy ‘s counsel alleged that the agency during investigation, threatened the witnesses while recording their statements.
The counsel argued that the High Court had directed the CBI to investigate into Jaganmohan Reddy’s alleged illegal assets acquired between May 2004 and September 9, 2009.
However, the CBI was also examining things that took place in 1999, 2000 and 2001, the counsel contended.
The counsel stated, the CBI was not following prima facie norms as per the direction of the High Court and were probing past business matters and were threatening the investors who invested in Jaganmohan Reddy’s ventures.
“We do not object to their investigation and we are ready to cooperate with the CBI. But it does not have any right to threaten the witnesses or force them to issue statements which is a violation of law,’’ he contended. (INN)
Articles that might interest you:
- చంద్రబాబుకు షాకిచ్చిన సీనియర్ నేత!
- How Alia Bhatt lost out on Coolie No.1 remake due to RRR
- జగన్ పై ఉన్న అనుమానాలు.. మరో రెండు రోజుల్లో తొలగిపోతాయి..!
- విష ప్రచారమా..ట్విట్టర్లో పవన్ ఇచ్చిన ఘాటు రిప్లై చూడండి.!
- చంద్రబాబు & కో సీక్రెట్ మీటింగ్: లగడపాటి, అను”కుల” మీడియా హెడ్ తో సీక్రెట్ మీటింగా..?
- వైఎస్ జగన్ పై సంచలన వ్యాఖ్యలు చేసిన జేసీ బ్రదర్..!