Telangana Rashtra Samithi president K Chandrasekhar Rao on Thursday demanded that the State Government withdraw the cases booked against his party’s politburo member Cheruku Sudhakar under the Preventive Detention Act.
Talking to reporters after visiting Cheruku at the MGM Government Hospital, the TRS chief said that the Cheruku’s arrest under the PD Act was illegal. He said that the government has been booking cases under serious charges against those who participated in the Telangana agitation to suppress the statehood movement. However, he expressed his determination saying “We are not afraid of these acts. Our agitation will continue”.
The TRS chief urged the ministers from Telangana region to help in the release of detained activists. He said the ministers should step down if they could not ensure the release of those who participated in the movement. He also asked the MLAs from the region to raise the issue of cases against the Telangana activists in the on-going session of the legislative assembly. (INN)
Articles that might interest you:
- How Alia Bhatt lost out on Coolie No.1 remake due to RRR
- జగన్ పై ఉన్న అనుమానాలు.. మరో రెండు రోజుల్లో తొలగిపోతాయి..!
- విష ప్రచారమా..ట్విట్టర్లో పవన్ ఇచ్చిన ఘాటు రిప్లై చూడండి.!
- చంద్రబాబు & కో సీక్రెట్ మీటింగ్: లగడపాటి, అను”కుల” మీడియా హెడ్ తో సీక్రెట్ మీటింగా..?
- వైఎస్ జగన్ పై సంచలన వ్యాఖ్యలు చేసిన జేసీ బ్రదర్..!
- Saakshyam 10 days box office collections