Tribal Welfare Minister P Balaraju on Sunday denied the media reports stating that the government passed a resolution in the 106th Tribal Advisory Committee meeting held on Saturday giving permits for bauxite mining in tribal areas.
Talking to media persons at the Congress Legislature Party Office, the Tribal Welfare Minister said that the meeting did not discuss the issue of giving permits to bauxite mining and did not pass any resolution on the issue. Stating that there was no truth in the media report, he said that the committee passed four resolutions including presentation of annual budget on Girijans to the Governor, providing better education to tribal students from 3rd to 9th standard, implementation of LTR Act which prevents transfer of tribal property to non-tribals, and no permits for mining in tribal areas.
Balraju said that the committee meeting has given full powers to the elected representatives to present their views on tribal welfare in the assembly. He said the meeting has hailed Speaker Nadendla Manohar’s decision of permitting a one-day discussion on tribals in Araku valley in Visakhapatnam district.
The minister reiterated that Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy would not take any decision that would affect the welfare of tribals in the State. (INN)
Articles that might interest you:
- చంద్రబాబుకు షాకిచ్చిన సీనియర్ నేత!
- How Alia Bhatt lost out on Coolie No.1 remake due to RRR
- జగన్ పై ఉన్న అనుమానాలు.. మరో రెండు రోజుల్లో తొలగిపోతాయి..!
- విష ప్రచారమా..ట్విట్టర్లో పవన్ ఇచ్చిన ఘాటు రిప్లై చూడండి.!
- చంద్రబాబు & కో సీక్రెట్ మీటింగ్: లగడపాటి, అను”కుల” మీడియా హెడ్ తో సీక్రెట్ మీటింగా..?
- వైఎస్ జగన్ పై సంచలన వ్యాఖ్యలు చేసిన జేసీ బ్రదర్..!