Telugu Desam Party president N Chandrababu Naidu on Sunday demanded that Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy step down owing moral responsibility for the death of 16 people due to consumption of country-made liquor in Krishna district.
Talking to reporters at his residence, Naidu held the State Government responsible for the death of 16 people due to country-made liquor in Porata Nagar in Mylavaram mandal of Krishna district on Saturday. He alleged that the officials did not take any steps more 24-hours after the incident. Similar incidents were reported in the past wherein people lost their eye sight and some were paralysed due to illicit liquor, he alleged.
Demanding that the government convene an all-party meeting to discuss the activities of liquor syndicates across the State, Naidu said that the government should not remain a mute spectator to the death of innocent people who are losing their lives due to adulterated liquor.
The TDP chief also slammed the government for trying to raise the funds for welfare schemes by increasing the liquor rates. Describing the move as unethical, he said that the government wanted to take up welfare schemes while playing with the lives of the people. He also announced that the party would send a delegation to Krishna district to enquire into the incident. (INN)
- జగన్ పై ఉన్న అనుమానాలు.. మరో రెండు రోజుల్లో తొలగిపోతాయి..!
- విష ప్రచారమా..ట్విట్టర్లో పవన్ ఇచ్చిన ఘాటు రిప్లై చూడండి.!
- చంద్రబాబు & కో సీక్రెట్ మీటింగ్: లగడపాటి, అను”కుల” మీడియా హెడ్ తో సీక్రెట్ మీటింగా..?
- వైఎస్ జగన్ పై సంచలన వ్యాఖ్యలు చేసిన జేసీ బ్రదర్..!
- Saakshyam 10 days box office collections
- Ad : 123telugu.com looking for Web Developers