Bharat Ratna, the highest civilian award of the country, has no nominee this year, though the names of Sachin Tendulkar and Dhyan Chand were much touted after necessary amendments were made to include sportspersons into the eligibility category.
Bhupen Hazarika and Cartoonist Mario De Miranda were conferred Padma Vibhushan, the second highest Award posthumously.
Film stars Shabana Azmi and Dharmendra along with director Mira Nair were among the Padma Bhushan nominees.
No Tollywood star featured in the list this year. Dr G Muniratnam (Social Work) and Syed Mohammed Arif (Sports) were given Padma Sri Awards. (INN)
- Saakshyam 10 days box office collections
- Ad : 123telugu.com looking for Web Developers
- Ad : 123telugu.com is looking for Content Writers
- Happy Sankranthi dear Readers
- YSR Congress Sweeps By-Elections