The Andhra Pradesh High Court on Monday cancelled the bail of suspended IAS officer Y Srilakshmi,an accused in the illegal mining case of Obulapuram Mining Corporation (OMC).
The High Court while cancelling the bail, ordered Srilakshmi to surrender before CBI Court, Nampally, before January 6.
Earlier, the CBI opposed the sanctioning of bail to Srilakshmi and maintained that she would tamper with the evidence and influence the witnesses. The CBI counsel stated that the probing agency has clear evidence to prove Srilakshmi’s involvement in the mining scam. Based on CBI counsel’s argument, the High Court cancelled the bail granted by the CBI court to Srilakshmi on December 2.
The CBI arrested Srilakshmi on November 28 on the charges of criminal conspiracy, misuse of official position and favouring of the OMC owned by former Karnataka minister Gali Janardhan Reddy. However, she was granted conditional bail by the CBI court.
Srilakshmi had earlier told the court that she was in no way related to the illegal mining activities of the OMC and the company got sanctions of the preliminary leases in 2005, before she took charge as the Secretary of Industry and Commerce Department. (INN)
- How Alia Bhatt lost out on Coolie No.1 remake due to RRR
- జగన్ పై ఉన్న అనుమానాలు.. మరో రెండు రోజుల్లో తొలగిపోతాయి..!
- విష ప్రచారమా..ట్విట్టర్లో పవన్ ఇచ్చిన ఘాటు రిప్లై చూడండి.!
- చంద్రబాబు & కో సీక్రెట్ మీటింగ్: లగడపాటి, అను”కుల” మీడియా హెడ్ తో సీక్రెట్ మీటింగా..?
- వైఎస్ జగన్ పై సంచలన వ్యాఖ్యలు చేసిన జేసీ బ్రదర్..!
- Saakshyam 10 days box office collections